Sunday, October 30, 2005

What for ?!! callous disregard for human life...

An injured person, medical condition not known, is carried to a hospital in New Delhi, India, Saturday, Oct. 29, 2005.

Delhi Blasts Diwali October 29th 2005
Papia H. Sah

Dubai 4:15 PM

In the afternoon, Dad and i decorated the Diyas, i tried on the new floating candles and after a long time, being away from India , it felt like Diwali all over again! Diwali is so special for us, people get close, it lights up everywhere, and i waited till Pashu got back , for today we thought it being close to Dhanteras, that we would buy something for the house.
Pashu comes in and asks me if i know anything about the India blasts. I shake my head and we switch on NDTV and watch in horror!..mangled bodies of children and women, who were out for Diwali shopping just like anybody else.

New Delhi 6:05 PM

Sarojini Nagar Market, the market has so many memories, this is where i would have been if i was in Delhi!, I pick up the phone on instinct and dial my sis' number... she tells me in relief that infact she had been there and missed the blast by 10 minutes. I heave a sigh of relief, and then feel pathetic, about feeling better after i see so many people utterly devastated. I see pictures of the Chaat Corner i had frequented so many times !!
I switch channels, and there is horror in all.
After a few hours , they report the train accident in the south, mangled bogies, hundreds hurt and dead.

Hasn't the world seen enough natural destruction this year? Do more people need to die ?

Is this worth any cause!!??

Does any religion support this in the true sense?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home